Remote Education at Wroughton Academies:
During national lockdown, we provided Remote Education for all pupils at Wroughton Academies, using a variety of teaching approaches outlined below.
- Microsoft Teams was our main platform for delivering Remote Education to pupils. Pupils were required to only login with their details, as their camera were disabled for safeguarding purposes.
- Live teaching (online lessons for maths and some other subjects) via Teams
- Recorded teaching (e.g. Oak National Academy lessons for Topic, spellings and English and Ruth Miskin videos for phonics)
- Online documents (e.g. PowerPoints, word documents) were shared with parents via email
- We continued to use some of our normal school apps such as TT Rockstar’s/Tapestry.
- We also highlighted for primary the BBC primary website and tv programmes as additional resources.
- We also had some pastoral activities such as assemblies, and other child-led activities which were done at home.
- We communicated with parents via email using Edulink. Parents were able to download an App or log into their account online. We continue to use this method of communication.
Please see our Parent guide here